Sunday, August 9, 2009

Super Sunday - Sweet Ride

Today was a team spin and we went roughly 75 miles...pretty light ride considering. But it was good reality test for me to see if I can partially withstand two days of hell in the saddle. As you know from yesterday, miles were put in and I was curious to see how my legs were today.

Well turns out, they were pretty darn good. I stayed in the front of the pack and at the first climb, mike said 'just go alex, at the top, don't slow down like last time, just go and don't let them catch you whatsoever'. And that's just what I did. I climbed like hell up that damn hill and burned the team...then again up Makapu'u and then again going back home on Makapu'u. In fact, on the way back, I caught everyone at the top despite the gap that was created by the front group. In short, I tore it apart and had a very good, hard ride despite my hellacious Saturday ride.

Dinner with Mike was pretty good too to cap off a good Sunday. No running for one week though! Yikes! I guess that means a lot of miles on the bike =)
On the plate tonite:1 california roll with brown rice and veganaise, veggie gyoza dumplings and then some basil pasta. Wow. Good stuff.

Word, I'm all done today. Sat in the ice bath for 25 minutes, resting at home sipping an electrolyte drink with a bag of frozen strawberries over my ankle. Saweeet.

No comments:

Post a Comment