Wednesday, August 12, 2009

LOOOONG overdue post!

Gracious, posted nothing for three days and people are complaining! Good heavens! =)
Sorry I've been away, things have been hellacious and not only that, I'm INJURED!!!!!!
Thankfully, I'm recovering nicely and I hope to be able to run a good mileage on Saturday at a light pace probably then be back at full strength next week. Given my strenuous bike rides, I highly doubt I have lost my endurance - probably gained if anything! - but I just need to get some running miles under me and it pains me that I haven't been doing that. It sucks!

One thing I want to mention is that I've been straying from the raw vegan diet with regularity...maybe for 3 or 4 meals per week. These 3-4 meals per week most certainly have tons of raw food in them, however, there is also some cooked vegan food. I think this makes sense from a practical point of view as a raw vegan diet is wonderful (best diet in the world as far as I'm concerned) but hardly sustainable. I love eating and I love being social. As a banker, it's awkward for people to eat lunch with me knowing my lunch will be like 12 bananas or something like that. I have no problem with it but as a buddhist, I am taught to think of others first. As such, I will deviate and have healthy vegan food. And on that note...here is a list of the cooked vegan foods I've been eating weekly:
1) Pasta! I love my brown-rice pasta (wheat, flour and gluten free). I throw in raw tomatoes, basil and a whole zucchini on top to get my raw fix. Pair this with a salad and you've got a yummy dinner any night of the week!
2) Brown rice balls. These are balls of brown rice stuffed with veggies and mushrooms. Tasty as all hell. again, notice the lack of gluten.
3) Pizza! This would be Amy's vegan soy cheese pizza. On top of this I will add a huge raw salad.

I think the key is just balancing the raw diet with some cooked foods a few times per week. Still, the bulk of my diet is overwhelmingly raw fruits and veggies and I plan to keep it that way. So at least 16 out of 21 meals are raw vegan smoothies with tons of fruit, greens and flaxseed. On a huge blueberry fix right now....holy crap. That and dates. Oh man.

Here's the log. Exercise Log
---------------------------------
AM: Bike workout in hurricane weather. It sucked out there. Pouring rain makes breaking and descending hills difficult.
PM: Bike workout, very intense, again in hurricane weather. Caught a team of triathletes on my last rep that was a lot of fun.
Diet Log:
----------------------------------
Breakfast: Green Smoothie with lots of blueberries
Lunch: Same thing
Dinner: Same thing
Snacks: Jocolat Chocolate LaraBars, Brown rice ball, water, tea, banana.

No comments:

Post a Comment