Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Weather is finally looking up!

Currently, as I sit typing this blogpost in my compression tights - cuz I'm real smooth like that - it's 72 degrees in the house and my mom is complaining of the heat. Little does she know that 72 degrees is par for the course in Hawaii. Sigh.....remind me, why did I move? Oh wait, that's right, I got laid off along with 25% of the staff. Gotcha. ;-)

But hey, things are much better now in some respects. And finally, the weather outside is looking up. For the first time in months, I went outside and and cycled for a good hour. This of course, is after the hour long pain-fest in the AM. Not surprisingly, I saw many other cyclists out on the road, a sight that if you lived in Hawaii, would be RARE. However, California lacks on key element: bikini-clad-surf-board-toting-babes =) hehe, so shoot me.


I'll give you a moment to let that sink in and un-expand the photo.
----------------------
---------------------
---------------------
----------------------
Back? Good. That was fast. That's what she....oh wait, that wouldn't be good. I took some pretty nice pics of downtown SF that I'll post tomorrow. The weather has been perfect! For lunch, I typically go on a long walk starting at the Embarcadero and go to Pier 39 [about a 2.5 mile walk, 5 miles total]. Tell ya what, eat a meal, then walk....man, you don't feel weighed down at all. Intervals after eating? Not so much. TAKE IT FROM ME.

In addition to thinking about my PM workout, I'm currently watching Iron Chef - the REAL one imported from Japan. The secret ingredient is pork. Hmm....what's that taste like again? Honestly, I haven't had one single craving for meat/dairy/eggs in so long it's crazy. I'm kind of immune to the lure of meat and honestly, the scent would probably gross me out a bit. Nonetheless, I recognize that Mike and Kenji will continue to poke fun of me as a result of my diet. Must be easy to say when you're recoving from a torn MCL =)

1 comment:

  1. 72 degrees?? We totally have the same love of warm weather. Sadly, I live in New England. And yes, meat smells gross. But watching Iron Chef is a good time even when they are cooking up rotting flesh.

    ReplyDelete