Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Tsunami Watch 2k10 [Cont'd]






As if one tsunami watch wasn't enough, here's the rest of tsunami watch 2k10 as written by Condeleeza McSqueeza himself, Mike C. Man, that guy is doofy.
-----------------------------------
11:45am - Alex, now emaciated from lack of food....oh wait, that's normal! Grunts as he climbs up on a poolside table. Since he's turned sideways, I can barely see him. A shudder of fear overcomes me at the thought that the slight gust of wind perchance might sweep my friend and host from his precarious pool-side perch. I take a picture to capture his tsnuami watch stance. I snap a second photo [see previous blog post, Alex with green short shorts] as the first one turned out to be ummm....taken at a poor angle. I now know who the song "who wears the short shorts" is referring to.....shudder.
ALEX'S RESPONSE: You douchebag.

12:05pm a.k.a. almost an hour past when the tsunami was supposed to happen, the live twitter feed is overflowing with reports that the tsunami has just reached the big island. I watch the waves in the distance....They are starting to look a little choppy. The streets are nearly deserted. Alex continues to complain about how hungry he is....he's nearly on the verge of tears that subway is closed from the evacuation.
12:15pm - I wonder if I managed to miss the tsunami. No destruction. No power outages. No epic walls of water washing its way down Waikiki. I am seriously underwhelmed. I feel bad the second time for not realizing that I was actually looking forward to something catastrophic. I mean....I didn't want anyone hurt. I certainly didn't want people to have to go through the trouble dealing with the damage such a wave would cause; but, I thought that there would at least be SOMETHING. I was worried about a 13 ft wave traveling 500 mph; we got a 1.5 inch wave that might have stirred some fish around. In this case, the motion of that ocean didn't thrill me. I'm glad.
ALEX'S NOTE: Is that a song?

1pm - We exit the building. Alex needs food, as I've so often told him.
ALEX'S NOTE: See first note.
I ponder the annoyance of the loud tsunami warning sirens that punctuated my morning and kept me off the beach. I decide that it's better safe than sorry. Everyone is complaining about the evacuation on the radio, but hindsight is 20:20. Nobody would be laughing if that wave actually hit us....and that woman on the radio would not have been so sorry to miss her Starbucks.
--------------------------------------

Stay tuned, the epic finale of Hawaii Part 4 up next. Until then, good night Canada, let's toss it back up to Sportscenter.

No comments:

Post a Comment