Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Interval-ing-ing-ing-ing-ing-ing

Yes today's workload was intense. With respect to the 'suffer-scale', I'd rate it at an 8 [8 = tolerable pain, 9 = misery OH misery, 10 = dead]. It started off with 2 x 8 minute intervals at a high target, x > 320 watts. And with intervals on the bike, it's not hit 320 watts and hold it...nah, it's like go over 400 watts hold that for a bit, then hold 280 watts for a bit and repeat that beezy a bunch of times till you're cross-eyed.

And just when you thought it was over.....3 x 12 minute hill repeats at x > 310 watts. Safe to say that intervaling was so intense, these hill repeats seemed like joy rides. Coolest part about intervaling on the trainer is that people who walk by get to see how bad-ass you look. You're just out there, big, ugly pain face on, shaven legs and dripping sweat. Sexy? You betcha. Well, at least to me....and your sister and your cousin ;-)

And after all that nonsense is over, it's such a relief to sit down to some wee-gan risotto and a big ass vegan italian sandwich. Each time I get a sandwich, I have fond memories of Chappelle's show where Dave is playing P.Diddy on his version of "Making the Band". He looks at Fonsworth and is like "Fonsworth! Make me sandwich!". Yeah that one was money.

In other important news, I'm really, REALLY getting into sweet and juicy fruits instead of the all functional banana. Make no mistake, I still AND WILL CONTINUE to consume bananas by the hand each day, but there's no denying my newfound love for oranges, fresh squeezed orange juice, crunchy COLD apples and grapes. I consider grapes the ultimate snack food, next to LaraBars of course [don't buy the coconut creme pie one though....a woman I know is going to kill me....].

Trying to think of a good green smoothie creation but am drawing a blank on what would mix well without being too 'Jamba-Juice-ish'. Oh, and on that note, Jamba has this 'all-fruit' drink that's like a 'suicide' of fruit [the original 'suicide' was you put your cup under each soda and make a shmorgesboard of carbonated sugar water crap ish thingie]. It's good every frozen fruit out there which begs the question....why add more ice at the end? Make it coldER?!

Alrighty, the Lakers are on TV and that means one thing: Taunting my dad because they [the Lakers] are losing and my dad is a huge Laker fan.

1 comment:

  1. Ok apples are delicious. Seriously I eat an apple a day. And a banana a day. And about 17 other servings of fruit. I actually eat way too much fruit now that I think about it. But it could be worse. I could be eating animal flesh.

    And you are LIVING off of that risotta. I'm so jealous but too lazy to make it for msyself.

    Spinanch, matcha powder, almond milk, and frozen cherries. BEST smoothie ever. Ok, not ever but it's my go-to drink at the moment.

    ReplyDelete