Thursday, March 4, 2010

Hawaii Part 3 - Tsunami Watch 2k10







The highly anticipated blog post, Tsunami Watch 2k10 is rolling in straight sets [no pun intended]. Alex would like to take this time now to say this ENTIRE blog post has been written by Micahel which means the following:
1) It's probably not true
2) Well....some of it is.....
3) ....and some of it is darn right jealousy! =) He's sitting there now thinking "damn, those vegans sure do eat well." Damn straight we do. And don't you forget it.
4) Re-read 1)


Let's give a big Hawaiian sized welcome for the tomfoolery that is known as Mike's Writing:
----------------------------------------------------------
*************** HOLY SHIT************* you can't copy and paste into blogspot!!!! AAAHHHH
Okay here's part 1. Part two tomorrow so you'll just have to wait.
----------------------------------------------------------
9am: I'm showered and listening to the radio for reports on the tsunami. Alex is out biking for the umpteenth time this vacation. I know that when he returns, I'll have to listen to the painful but oddly melodic, metronome of his grunts as he walks, if it can be called walking, on those skinny chicken bones he calls legs [21 miles running after 2 months of no running = oww]: oooO aaaAH oooO aaaAH. I can already picture the: "I had an unpleasant meeting with the business end of a broomhandle" stance he'll have upon his return. I heat up some ramen.

9:30am: The radio commentators drone on about the, then expected 6 - 13 ft waves traveling Hilo side of Hawaii traveling at speeds of 500mph! All coastal areas are evacuated, and people in high rise buildings are urged to go to higher levels. Sitting peacefully in Alex's 6th floor condo, I laugh as a commentator takes a call from a woman that is complaining about Starbuck's being closed: "seriously ma'am, there's a tsunami, and you're concerned about your Starbuck's fix?"

9:40am: Alex texts me me to meet him at Jamba Juice....which is even closer to the beach. I tell him he's crazy if he thinks I'm going CLOSER to the beach before the tsunami. Jamba Juice is closed btw.

10:30am: The boy wonder returns....oooO aaAH oooO aaAH....there it is. He's starving....well, more than usual! Ha! Stupid Weee-gan!

10:45am: We evacuate to our rooftop pool to begin.......TSUNAMI WATCH 2K10!

11:09am: The tsunami is supposed to come....it's late.

11:25am: Talk to mom on the phone while sunbathing and drinking a cold Corona [see pic]. She's freaked out but I tell her I'm fine....I'm more than fine, I'm actually ENJOYING tsunami watch! Then I feel bad. I shouldn't be enjoying waiting for a tsunami. People in Chile died during the tsunami there....BAD MICHAEL!

11:30am: Still no tsunami. Live twitter feed tells me that "even our natural disasters our are on island time!"

4 comments:

  1. First of all.... it's all true. Even the part about him perhaps being blown off the building by a mild gust of wind. Secondly, You didn't use the same punctuation, but it's okay... you're allowed to be wrong on you own blog ;) Thirdly, it's about time you actually used my words instead of the blogs you claimed I wrote. Finally, tsunami watch was awesome and a lot of fun. Thanks for taking me to Hawaii for my birthweek!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s., what a well cropped first photo! (M.C.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remind me to put more habanero chilis in your food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You boys are really rocking those short shorts.

    Rocking em.

    ReplyDelete