Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Hawaii Part Deux - [More] Eating













Continuing with the double-blog-duty post, this particular one shows one of Alex's favorite places to eat. It's actually a grocery store that ONLY serves vegetarian and vegan foods. In fact, when you sit outside, a sign says "No meat products or outside food". Of course, I'm skeptical but Alex tells me they have outstanding gluten free pizza. What I can't wrap my hands around is where do all of those calories go in him? I swear, that pip-squeek eats and eats and eats a truckload of calories and yet, he's still thin with his faux hawk and skinny tshirts. Heck, I eat a salad and my thighs jiggle for a week! Whoops...tmi...tmi. Fest your eyes on Down to Earth foods ladies and gents, an establishment that will never see Anthony Bourdain make a visit to.

Anyways, we eat an outstanding meal [can you tell, this is clearly Alex]. I pig out on TWO slices of vegan pizza [gotta be like 500 cals each!], AND some brown rice and thai coconut curry. Kapow! That's my daily quota? Hardly. That's lunch suckaaaaaz. Of course, I explain to Michael that spam and other such crap products cannot be found at such a clean, respectable, and socially responsible establishment. However, I tell him that there's a Burger King across the street but also that this gluten free pesto pizza loaded with veggies will be good. He listens. Smart kid. We sit down and he stuffs his face and you'd swear, the kid had never heard of veggies in his life. It's like, you could smack him in the grill with a cauliflower and he'd be like 'word?'. Hehe, nah I'm just playing, apparently, he enjoys fruits and vegetables.......and spam.....and fried chicken......and steak.....[going to get carried away].

Next we took some pictures from Diamond Head view point overlooking the pacific. Man it's pretty up there and wouldn't you know it, Alex struck pay-dirt and found ----- an awesome photo. NOT a bikini-clad-surf-board-toting-model, but certainly a wonderful shot indeed. I doubt she knew though, tough to tell whose snapping a photo when the photographer is all legs and no arms. I swear, if Alex turns to the side, you can hardly see his upper body and only his legs show. Thank god he's cycling and eating more. If he loses any more weight he would just float away and away and away and away......

We hope you've enjoyed this doofy post. We decided to dedicate a FULL BLOG to tsunami watch 2k10 which will be tomorrow.

p.s. doesn't Alex look like a young boy in these photos? 12...or maybe 13?!
Alex's response: Don't hate. Veganism and Cycling keep me a yung lookin' brotha. AND I got nice legs!

1 comment:

  1. LOL! I love your proficiency at writing in third person!

    ReplyDelete