Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Effects of Running

Well it's been an interesting first 2.5 weeks of running [again]. I have to say, it's been very cool and sweet to lace up the shoes again and head out for a nice 4-5 mile run. As of right now, that's about all I can manage to do at a 5:40/6 min pace. Slow, yes...but hopefully the legs will continue to open up as they become more accustomed to the incessant pounding that running involves. As odd as it sounds, I fele the runnig legs are coming back far sooner than I would have expected. Heh..we'll know in a few weeks once the TRACK WORKOUTS begin in earnest. Two words come to mind when I think about that: Oh. Shit.

One knock-on effect the running has had is the decrease in watts on the bike :-( For example, when doing 30 x 30 second intervals at all out intensity...feelings of nausea and blacking-out occur SOONER than normal [SOONER = rep 5, BEFORE = rep 9]. Truth is, my heart and lungs are okay, but my legs feel so tired and dead. And as a multi-sport guy, that is the challenge...juggling the workload, managing the workouts, eating HEAPLOADS of food now [good god, I eat like it's going outta fashion!] and sleeping before 11 which I'm 0/4 this week on. FAIL.

This post probably sounds like me complaining, which, if you ask anyone that knows me, is nothing new. I complain ALL THE TIME :-) Except when eating...then I can't complain for two simple reasons:
1) What's there to complain about vegan pasta
2) It's rude to talk when you've stuffed your mouth with food.
...and mama Tellez raised her children better than that! :-)

Oddly this blog turns 1 year old in a few days! I can't believe it myself! The output of friends, support and people being drawn to this silly and doofy site astounds me. Thank you all for continuing to read and be apart of this journey which is now centered around 3 numbers and a period: 70.3

No comments:

Post a Comment