Tuesday, July 20, 2010

...And then there's swimming

Today marks my offical 3rd swim workout in hopes of building up for my September 26th Triathlon debut. Sigh....what can I say about swimming that hasn't already been said about the war in Afghanistan? It's tiresome, drawn-out, boring at times, violent at times, exhausting and frankly, I can't raise my arms above my shoulders.

Said vegan boy to my friend: "I aint got no arm muscles!"

Sadly, that's true! Cycling and running works the legs and those are nicely supple and developing. Arms, back and chest? psssshhht. Are you kidding me? I never work that stuff out. Until the day I decided to buy 'jammers'. Now what are those? Jammers are NOT, I repeat, NOT speedos. Ugh...could not rock out like that. However they are spandex and they are tight fitting. When I got fitted for mine, let's just say that I was really happy that I shave my legs for cycling or else that would be a TOTALLY UNPLEASANT experience.

Swimming in the pool is a pain in the ass. Not cuz of the chlorine but because I am not the fastest of fish in the water - put it to ya like that. I'm forever complaining and as I right this, my back is sore but there's hope dear friends, there's hope.
Running Updates? - On Sunday, I knocked out 8 miles straight at 6:15 / pace. HR: 167 bpm. Meh...getting better. Mas-o-menos. Slowly the form will come around.
Bike Updates? Sent the good ole' SRM in for battery change. Ironic seeing as how it hasn't even been a year yet but I guess I ride my bikes a little too often. :-/
Evelyn and Madeline are doing fine though and give their best. :-)

Aloha,
Alex "I aint got no arm muscles" Tellez

No comments:

Post a Comment