Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Eating like a true [vegan] fatty!

Yes friends, I've been going off my rocking chair when it comes to increasing caloric consumption in all things vegan and cruelty-free. Since making the plunge into multi-sport-ism [sp?], I've been forced to eat more out of necessity. So on the given day, I'd say I have 5-6 mini meals which is waaaay more than when I cycled [I had about 4 when I cycled]. What's that all look like? Gee, thought you'd never ask! I'll post actual pics of it first but I figured, why not wet the appetite [someone say appetite? food? vegan? banana? where?].

Pre-breakfast / Pre-workout.
1 pear.
1 Carbo-loaded drink ready to roll.

Workout in the AM. Since I'm bikeless for a bit, this has been doing intervals on the watt bike. Hell.

Breakfast - 1 big bowl of Ezekiel sprouted grain cereal with soymilk, 3 bananas and a sprouted spelt bagel with soy butter or fruit jam [no sugar, but sweetened with Agave]. Followed by 1 protein clif bar and maybe another helping of instant brown rice oatmeal. Yeah...that's called carb-crazy.

Pre-lunch: Another banana, maybe a LaraBar but lots and lots of water. Like, LOTS of water.

Lunch: 1 big ass thing of Jamba Juice [all fruit and no juice or yogurt or whatever crap they put in..] followed by a vegan middle eastern wrap. typically, an enormous dallop of hummus, brown rice and eggplant with some potato.

Post-lunch: Tea and..you guessed it, another banana.

PM: Workout.

Post-workout: 1 protein shake [soy], 1 clif bar [vegan, chocolate brownie], 1 soy yogurt with another banana, blueberries and strawberries. Yum!

Dinner: Brown rice pasta, arrabiatta sauce with vegan 'meatlof'.

Whew, that's a mouthful! I'll post photos of all this nonsense shortly! But for now, my legs feel like they got hit by a car running today. Hill workouts suck to no end. You get anaerobic but I ask: how is this any different than being on the bike!!!! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment