Monday, August 30, 2010

Pizza Sundays!

Looking good and tasty right! Feet up, live band playing hippy music...I'M DONE!

My gosh this weekend went by ever so quickly! And what can I say it was filled with? Well, I'll describe each day for ya so buckle in, blend a green smoothie and get your fat okole [ass] back here and read this post!
---------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting while you blend a smoothie...
---------------------------------------------------------------

So yeah, Friday was a rest day and that translates to one thing for vegan boy: FOOD. Yes, yes, I took the wonderful opportunity to 'binge eat' on all things quality and vegan. That includes all kinda [soy] yogurts topped with mounds of fruit and not to mention some mango tea from Hawaiian Tea Co. Because nothing says 'Aloha Friday' quite like lounging around in an Aloha shirt for the better part of a day, working away on the computer on some SQL code. :-)

Saturday was the day I would meet my maker! It started off well with a small [and I mean tiny] cup of decaf coffee [first time in weeks!] and a vegan scone from Peet's [gluten free too!]. Afterwards, it was off to the frigid [and I mean 55 degree water] waters of San Franicsco where a 30 minute swim in VERY CHOPPY water awaited me. Let's just say I wasn't worried about my sodium levels after that swim. I swear, I must have ingested so much salt water but it was good to be out there. Thank goodness for that wetsuit too! Good laaaaaaaaaaaaawd where would I be if I was just a skinny Hawaiian vegan boy trying to fight the Pacific Ocean! One thing was pretty cool though which was I saw a sea lion swim a few meters next to me!

After that, hopped on the bike for intervals..and these were hellish intervals. I had to do them on an indoor trainer because Evelyn's shifter broke and needed to be sent in. So I punished myself on the bike for a good 1.5 hours and by the end, I was sopping wet in sweat. I didn't even bother putting on a shirt..I was in a corner, shirt off, heart rate monitor on, shorts and shoes. I went through 2 aero bottles of water which had an ill effect on my stomach because....

...I had to run afterwards! That was a descending pace run of mile intervals. First 2 miles hurt like hell...stomach cramps and then my calves were all outta wack as the transition was lightening fast. But somehow, I got through and clocked my last mile @ 5:33 pace and then I was all through wtih that kablooey.

Sunday rolls around and my legs are feeling REALLY good. And I mean like, REALLY good. I go for ANOTEHR swim in the bay and do really well [once again I think I'm getting arm muscles!]. Then I head out for a recovery run...10 miles at a 6:37 pace. Easy peasy lemon squeezie. And what better way to end a Sunday and spend a Sunday afternoon then at Whole Foods binge eating. And for $9.94, that plate has 2 slices of gluten-free vegan pizza, 1 soymilk protein odwalla drink and then 1 vitamin water sweetened with stevia. Not shabby...throw in a triathlete magazine to boot and the only thing that can top that is the lates ProCycling magazine!

...and for those watching the Vuelta [pronounced Woo-elta en espanol] Igor Anton is a BEAST son! How do you turn the 53 on a 24% finishing climb! that's stupid watts!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment