Sunday, August 8, 2010

5k Run Test

One happy family. And we all know, happy families come from California...in addition to our cheese...which I wouldn't know about anymore. But yeah.
3 Tellez Men.
young william, AKA Squinty McGuinty

Man, when was the last time I ran a 5k?
Well, let's think all the way back to my time on the islands and the Jamba Juice 5k run around beautiful - and I mean BEE YOU TI FUL - Magic Island, HI. At the time, I was very, very new to running and still not as 'fit' as I would have wanted to be. Long story short, I turned in a time of 17:21 sec for the 5k, averaging a 5:28 sec mile. That was only my second ever running race. Not shabby eh!

So this past Friday, I had to do a 5k running 'test'. Not a race, but just a test to gauge my level of fitness 4 weeks of base building and running. And the results you say? Well, I was a bit shocked myself...I ran a sub-16 min 5k. Now, normally that's nothing to write home to mom about but really, that's after 4 weeks of running. Can you imagine what this will be come January of next year?!?! Lots to be excited about there.
This weekend, we were also blessed to have celebrated 3 birthdays in my immediate family! My older brother, Andres, his wife Katy and my Dad! People very very close to me and my inner circle of people who I would no sooner vouch and trust my life with. In addition to that, I got my SRM back [fiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnally!] and was able to get on the TT biccicleta this weekend which was a lot of fun. It's always good to pound on the bike and I couldn't be happier! :-)

2 comments:

  1. Aloha Tricia ~

    Thanks for the kind words! Honestly, that's a lot better than what I normally am used to post workout! That's typically my mother or father yelling at me to take the trash out, etc. :-)

    ReplyDelete