Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Day in the life: Fish / Cyclist / Hare

A lot of you have been curious how life / the workouts have changed since transitioning to triathlons [get it?! transition?! sigh...you're all hopeless :-)]

So I figured I'd just give you a 'day in the life of ___________' yours truly. It's pretty ridiculous. Being a triathlete is like working a second full time job with respect to tme and energy. It seems that at every free moment, I'm either getting ready to workout, eat or sleep. Not much in between there huh? Well, here's the basic gist of it...

5:45 - 6:13am: Snoozing and practically throwing my iPhone against the wall in my failed attempt to sleep more. This part of my day really, really sucks.

7am: Arrive @ the gym. Time to get wet and wild.

7 - 7:45am: Swimming workout. This generally leaves my arms feeling like crap. Well, who am I kidding, I aint got no arms! :-p

8am: Arrive @ work.

8am - 12: Eating and working. If I'm running during lunch then I'll stop eating around 2 hours before the workout so everything digests nicely and I'm not left with my stomach turning circles.

12-1:15: Run workout. Normally this doens't kill me...yet.

1:25: Back at the office and eating my lunch at my desk.

5pm: Hit the road jack.

5:35: arrive at home, quickly change and then its time to hit the road [yet again]

5:40 - 7:30: cycling. Finally, my emotional release.

8pm: First meal down the hatch followed by a shower. Lately, the post ride fuel has consisted of yogurt, bananas and lotsa blueberries. Yum yum.

9pm: Dinner time!

After dinner, it's you know who time,

[note the comma!]

No comments:

Post a Comment