Monday, August 16, 2010

Fellini's w/ Denise + Transitioning-ing-ing-ing

Did I end up eating the whole thing? Not entirely. Denise had 2 slices...AND THEN I ate the rest :-)
NOTE: while she has the capacity to eat all that in ONE SITTING, she exercised MODERATION. A quality buddhist trait!

But before all that good stuff~! I totally sold out and went to Sports Basement this weekend and cashed in on my riches that I won in my running races to go gear shopping! Yes! And what was on my new-toy list you say? A wetsuit, tri-top and tri-bottoms. Whoa nelly this was an interesting thing. I, for one, had never put on a 'tri-specific' wetsuit before....now, I've been in some tight places [that's what I said!] but this wetsuit was an epic first for me. Damn thing took over 10 mins to put on correctly! It's ridiculously tight [thats what....imma get carried away] and form-fitting. In fact, the first time I put it on it was too 'loose' and we notched it up 2 more inches [save it, already on it!]. Felt like I was going to pop an artery out!

Let me also say thank goodness I shave my legs! Holy crap! If you're considering doing tri's and you do NOT already shave your legs...consider this fair warning. W-O-W! The tri top is a sleeveless jersey that shows off my pea-shooter arm muscles [if you even can call them that] and my funky cycling tan lines which I'm always proud to show off. What I FORGOT to get because a certain someone FAILED to remind me as usual were my compression socks - a new pair that is. Sigh...looks like we'll have to make ANOTHER trip! :-)

Anywho, after that nonsense I did some real brick training [this is when you are practicing transitions from one sport to the other, specifically, the bike to the run]. I've been doing alright in cycling and in running but for sure, my first EVER transition was miserable! I did some okay work on the biccicletta and then quickly transitioned to running. I knocked mile 1 out in 5 min 29 sec. Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar too fast for right now. And then I proceeded to die a slow and miserable death after that. Sigh...FAIL.

So to make up for it, I grabbed Denise and she and I headed to Fellini's where we indulged in delcious [vegan] EYE-talian food. You'll see there a daiya [soy-cheese] pizza with soyrizo, mushrooms and tomatoes accompanied by her pasta which she had to make an ENORMOUS SACRIFICE: she had to leave out the anchovies cuz my black ass won't have it. And so, like a good trooper she did just that and we had an enjoyable meal. And then, off to bed to wake up and bury myself all over again. Such is life. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment