Monday, June 14, 2010

World-Cup'n 2k10


Once every 4 years, the world comes together to watch the month-long tournament affectionately known as the World Cup and let me say, I am thoroughly enjoying the coverage. For the first time, ESPN actually has their shit together! Who knew!? And all this time I thought things from Connecticut....:-p

Who am I rooting for? Gee, thought you'd never ask:
1) Portugal [favorite] - Why? Cristiano. Ronaldo. That's why.
2) Brazil - Can't go wrong.
3) Ghana [!] - Somewhere in the world Yaw Darkwa [old college buddy] is smiling.
4) Italia - Well, the italian euro hawk side of me couldn't resist. And by extension...
5) Germany - they got some euro hawk wearing blokes too in Deutschland.

One of the many delights about not working for a high-strung, conservative bank is that things are a bit more relaxed. What do you mean by relaxed? Well, how's about streaming LIVE world cup games on 2 TV's in the office. Bam! What's that mean? Well, for starters, I watched the Japanese beat Cameroon this AM whilst downing 4 bananas and a spelt bagel. Then, for lunch, I had [another] 4 bananas and then a middle eastern sandwich while watching Italia tie it up with Paraguay.
Someone say something about Portugal playing tomorrow?! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment