Friday, June 11, 2010

Time Trial Hell

So get this...
Tomorrow [Saturday] is my first ever Individual Time Trial up the North side of Mount Diablo in Walnut Creek, CA. I've never done an ITT before so this will be a learning experience for me. Total course is 10km, or 6.2 miles for my 'American' friends. Here's the catch: It's ALL uphill.

I guess it's no surprise that less than 40 ppl entered the event in my group. Let me also throw a finger to the wind and say those souls that did decide to race this TT are probably

a) skinny
b) not-weegan
c) all 'climbing-types'. You know, little body fat, chicken-stick arms and pea-shooter legs.

Then again, I'm a skinny weegan 'climbing type' weegan. So in truth, this event has my name written all over it huh? We can only hope. Wish me luck as I fight and battle my way up the face of Mt. Diablo @ 9:38 am PST. Hopefully, I won't get a mechanical.

Let me say this race also marks the last time I will ride Campagnolo products as the road bike will now have DuraAce 7900's thrown on in place of Super Record 11s...good riddance.

Ganbarimasu. [makes the sign of the holy cross]

No comments:

Post a Comment