Monday, June 7, 2010

The Triathlete Response

Nice bike huh? Those wheels would kill me though...

Thanks everyone for your input and time helping me think about pursuing triathlons. NO, is my answer [at least for now.....next year for Honu? Hmmmm] Thanks, but not for me I think. It's been almost 6 months since I stopped running and took up cycling full time [well...not quite the pro life yet but you get the idea]. While I enjoyed my time running, it goes without saying that cycling is 10 x harder and yet much easier on my body with respect to muscle soreness. Heck, I remember my first half - marathon [which I didn't do too poorly in!] - left me in so much pain, I had to call in 'sick' from work the next day as I felt like a vegetable. With cycling, the amazing thing is I can nearly kill myself doing intervals and yet, I function like a normal human being when it's all said-and-done.

It goes without saying that running is my first love with respect to sport. Next to cycling. But make no mistake about it: I would GLADLY give up all of my running and cycling talent to have NBA talent and shoot the rock like Ray Allen [that dude was on video game status last night]. But, as god didn't give me a 6'6" frame and stupid verticals, I'll have to settle for cycling. Oh wells.

As for the photo. Well, that's a pic of Chris Lieto - a VERY bad ass triathlete. Very fast runner as well [although I could dust his ass in my hay day....oh wait, that's AFTER he's cycled 100 miles]! Speaking of running, my silly weegan okole tried to run when I was in Hawaii. 28 minutes later, I wrote to a friend and said: "28 minutes later, my running career has ended."

His response: "FINALLY! Only took you 6 months to figure it out!"

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha... I love the fact that you think you could function like a "normal human being."

    Also, after a "normal human being" bikes, he doesn't make an "oOOO, Ah, oooOOOO, aHHH..." sound after each step.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you asshole, that's AFTER I ran like a jillion miles that day remember?! Talk about soreness!

    I admit, you caught me at a bad moment...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, this asshole will see you at lunch tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete