Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Deadly Double



Feast your eyes girls on one of the most delectible treats I've created via weeganism. Only two words can / are necessary to describe the beast of the east: Holy. Shit.

Yes indeed, I hope this puts to rest all of my omnivore friends who 'swear' [who swears to do something!?] that vegans deprive themselves of burgers.
Mind you, this is not something I plan on eating weekly but a true 'one-off'. However, with intense training coming soon, I wouldn't mind downing the double of these any time! Now what's in that thing?!

1) Sprouted spelt bun [NOT whole wheat]
2) Hummus on both sides. Cuz I like hummus. More than your sister. :-)
3) Sauteed mushrooms - organic, of course. Because what type of ORGANIC ATHLETE would I be if they were just 'regular'?
4) Avocado. Not a crazy amount...3 slices at best for my girly figure.
5) Daiya soy cheese. Yep, this stuff melts too.
6) TWO Amy's all vegan soy-free, gluten-free veggie patties. Made with chickpea.
7) Another dollup of hummus because like Cristiano Ronaldo, you can never have too much of a good thing...

Combine, slap together and consume. No lettuce or tomato right? Eat that in a salad you fatty and save the juicy stuff for the burger. I would offer you some...well, check that...no I wouldn't. But, you COULD make it for yourself? I'm just saying...

Now wipe the drool off your face and if you're a meat eater, slap yourself as there is clearly an alternative that is healthy AND sustainable. Double BAM!

No comments:

Post a Comment