Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Views of Hawaii + One Happy Camper



Living in Hawaii, you get spoiled with views like the one above. That is taken at the top of a hill known as Makapu'u. Well, it's not really a 'hill' in my sense, just a big mound of dirt that takes 2 minutes of heavy breathing in pushing pedals. Hardly enough fun in my opinion.

Pretty good workout with Sarah this morning. I think she likes my music =) I have to say that my run today was absolutely crappy in that my mind was full of energy but my quads were blasted! Even now as I type this in compression pants, it hurts to holy hell! Ouch!
Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
On a more positive note, I've come back from my weekend binge of food to 2 green smoothies a day with the third meal being heavy on raw foods. And let me say, my digestive system is 'cleaning house'. Okay, TMI, I'll stop there. Here's what you all want to see:
Exercise Log -
AM: V02 bike work. Nice job Sarah.
PM: Tempo workout. 1 mile warm-up, 3 x 2 mile at 155 bpm which is a 5:52-5:50 pace for me, sustainable for a LONG time.
Diet Log -
Pre-bike: Electrolyte drink + Vitamineralgreen
Post-bike: Apple, Raw Vegan protein drink
Breakfast: Green smoothie [I'm going to post a video of this soon!]
Lunch: Green smoothie
Post-run: Brown rice ball with raw vegan protein drink
Dinner: Gluten-soy-dairy free pizza. Huge salad with tons of greens and electrolyte drink.
Snacks: Clif protein bar, Water.

1 comment:

  1. Like is an understatement. I love your music! Any good new releases on iTunes this week?

    ReplyDelete