Sunday, September 20, 2009

Starting over again...WISER

It's been a cool minute since I last made a post and it's not because I forgot about you all...=) Truth is, going through that crash has caused me to be a little more reflective in my life and I went through a few days thanking people who mean a lot to me and just trying to be more grateful...grateful not only to be alive and walking but grateful I have my family, friends and readers who still read this blog and my ramblings!

As a male, I'll never know how moody a woman can 'feel' when it's that time of the month...but this might be like it. I was really thankful and gracious for a lot of things. I spoke to my buddhist sensei who advised me on things and the message among him and other friends has been unanimous: "You fell off the horse Alex...Now get back on the horse."

And true enough, one solid weekend and I'm back to form ready to blog daily and kick ass on all fronts. Funny thing...was running through Waikiki this weekend and someone tried to offer me meat on a stick while running [sample of the food]. Nevermind the 'Go Vegan' shirt I had on but let's think for a moment...running hard...meat on a stick...yeah, NO is the answer!

Here's today's dietlog -
Breakfast: Steel cut oats, 2 bananas, 1 apple and a vegan Clif protein bar
Lunch: brown rice and beans, vegan tamales, salad
Dinner: Steel cut oats, 2 bananas, 1 apple, 1 peach
Snacks: Banana, Raw vegan protein drink and a decaf soy latte [my palette thinks poorly of this drink]
Workout log -
AM: 2.5 hour bike
PM: 1.5 hour bike

Running again is nice. The reason it sucked to run hard lately is because the bandages were coming off and it was gross.
Quote of the day: "Winners lose more than losers because they stay in the game"

No comments:

Post a Comment