Monday, September 14, 2009

Car vs Bike, guess who won?

yes folks the unthinkable - yet inevitable - happened at 6:20pm HNL time on Diamond Head road. I was hit by a car on my bike, flew over the car's hood and landed hard on my side. Road rash [again], broken thumb, bruising and a totaled Specialized S-works Roubaix bike [$7k bike]. Nice trip to the ER too. Saw my heart in the ultrasound and got some measurements:
1) sitting heart rate - 49
2) blood pressure - 122/70
They totally overdid it as I have a hairline fracture and was given a cast and armsling. That's just overkill. Tomorrow I get it taken off and get a splint. Running begins again. Insurance has been a pain and I'm trying to get my bike fixed. Damage so far - $4k [yikes]

Will let you all know how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment