Thursday, September 10, 2009

Oh Thank Heaven for Recovery Runs


Yesterday, I had a pretty intense morning because for my bike workout that day, I was to race up Tantalus Road which is 4.1 miles of intense uphill. I think the average grade roughly 5%, maxing out at 9% or so. Anyways, I'll quit blabbering and show you a picture:

So yeah, in short, I came to work tired, sore and happy [the feeling of a triathlete I imagine!]. I was ridiculously hungry for some reason too...I ate a moundful of fruit and other delicious carbs that I'll go into detail below.
Here's yesterday's log [I know, I know, I'm behind a bit. I'll catch up once all this soreness goes away]:
AM: cycle up to tantalus
PM: Recovery run of 7 miles at 140-145 bpm. Nothing crazy, right around a 7 minute mile. Legs feel better today too.
Diet Log:
Pre-bike: Electrolyte drink + Vitamineralgreen
Post-bike: Raw vegan protein drink
Breakfast: Green smoothie
Lunch: Green smoothie
Dinner: Steel cut oats with 3 bananas, cashew butter and an apple.
Snacks: LaraBar, Brown Rice ball
*************NEWS UPDATE***************
@ 8:28am HNL time, Vega became another sponsor!
Hooray! I love this company and the guy who wrote the book, Brendan Brazier [The Thrive Diet] is my hero!

No comments:

Post a Comment