Thursday, September 24, 2009

Hell Day Thursday

Tuesday's and Thursdays are the worst days to be Alex Tellez. Especially Thursday...but oddly, this gets me kind of pumped up. To know I have a huge effort coming up is just enough to send my blood above normal. Here's yesterday's log I forgot to do [too busy being giddy about young William].
Workout Log -
AM: Hill day on the spin bike. For some reason, I was a slight bit slower as my heart rate never really jumped that high, just the usual 150-170 bpm.
PM: GORGEOUS Waikiki run. Man, I love doing this run but in particular - I love wearing my Oakley sunglasses because I can stare at pretty girls without anyone being the wiser. Problem with this is it diverts my attention from the road; and let me say this, idiots = bad, idiots holding surfboards and turning = worse.
Diet Log -
AM: Green smoothie + clif protein bar
Lunch: Umeke Market Chili with Brown Rice
Dinner: Oatmeal, peanut butter, tons of bananas, apples
Snacks: banana, raw vegan protein drink and vegan electrolyte drink.

Today will probably be disgusting. AM was a recovery ride on the spin bike. Pretty much a 40 minute session of Sarah doing her damndest to convince me that green bananas from costco are ripe. I fought this until I tried it and to my amazement, they ARE RIPE. Normally, I try to eat ripe fruit and when it comes to bananas, freckly and all yellow = just right. Too freckly = gross. Green = chalk. However, these were different and hence the admission.

Running day is tough. This workout is called the "Scott Spitz" and it basically mimics his version of the predator run. 1 mile warm-up, 6 x 1 mile negative repeats starting at 5:30 pace and then getting harder every step of the way. Nice. I'll be clockin low-teens when we're all through. One more mile to cool down and that's called 1,000 calories lost.
Note - I only do this insanity when I know the reward [dinner] will be well worth it.
Green smoothie and 2 oatcakes anyone?
Here is tonite's dinner in readable form.
1.5 cups of filtered water
2 bananas
1 peach
1/2 cup blueberries
Kale
3 Dates
Flaxseed
2 flour-less, sugar-less vegan oatcakes. Yum =)

Speak to you guys after the run. Keep those knees up! yhp

1 comment:

  1. Nice. I think you should buy more Oakley glasses. There's a few to consider: hot white rims/blue lenses and a bright green flashy pair that screams, "wear me Alex!"

    ReplyDelete