Wednesday, September 2, 2009

S-O-R-E but at least, I can make damn good oatmeal

I have this new oatmeal recipe that I want to post. It's wheat and soy-free and by default, gluten and soy-free. And it's super good and super filling. In truth, I dont think it's the oatmeal as much as it is the toppings. Here's the recipe, best consumed after a hard running session like today:
OATMEAL - Bring 3 cups of WATER to a boil, then add1.5 cups of Steel cut Oats and Buckwheat Groats, turn heat down and wait 10 minutes.
TOPPINGS: 3 bananas, tons of grapes, cinnamon to taste, GoRaw Apple Cinnamon 'Granola' and cut up one LaraBar.
HUGE meal and I'm totally full but I feel like my glycogen levels will be good to go for tomorrow mornings bike ride.

Running is getting easier though as my road rash is healing nicely. Big fan of tegaderm, quality stuff if you have roadrash. This morning was stupid because my legs felt like Jello after yesterday's punishing workout. What do we do when we're sore? Hop on the bike and do 3 minute V02 max reps on hills of course! I mean, DUH! Rep this 4 times and it adds up. But I did catch this one guy going up the hill so that was pretty cool.

Had a nice run through Waikiki which amounted to 7 miles at a 6 minute pace. Too fast really because tomorrow's run workout is truly hellacious. I'll tell you more about it tomorrow.
Exercise Log -
AM: Hill repeats, V02 max reps on hills.
PM: 7 mile 'recovery' run at 6 minute pace [whatever the hell that means]

Diet Log -
Post-bike: Raw Vegan protein powder
Breakfast: green smoothie
Lunch: Tostadas with tofu, sprouts and lettuce.
Dinner: Alex's DAMN GOOD OATMEAL
Snacks: Water, papaya, apple and Clif Builders protein bar [these babies are VEGAN!]

No comments:

Post a Comment