Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Green Smoothie Anyone







I'm taking this post to talk about green smoothies. A few of you have been hankering for more recipes and more 'user-friendly' ones for those that don't / aren't willing to make the full sacrifice to raw-vegan smoothies. No fear, I've thought of you and I have a smoothie that will go against ANY smoothie at Jamba Juice. Matter of fact, I'm thinking of blending one, serving it to them and then making the workers slap themselves for drinking anything different. Thoughts?

So as a rule of thumb, remember: when in doubt, add another banana. This is pretty much my life motto when it comes to food...eh, just have another banana. What's the worst that will happen? More fiber, more sugar [the good kind] and more energy. 70% fruit, 30% greens and you'll be fine. It may look revolting [see above] but you'll be alright. Promise.

This smoothie is called Chocolate-Green-Monster. It's ridonculously good. You read that correctly. RIDONCULOUSLY good. Simple, stupid and delicious. Perfect for the athlete and packs more food than Oprah Whinfrey stuffing herself silly with cheethos.
Ingredients:
1) 3/4 cup water
2) 3/4 cup UNSWEETENED soymilk
3) 4 ice cubes
4) 2 bananas
5) Some kale [pull leaves off stem]
6) 3 Mejdool dates
7) Raw cacao nibs
8) Raw cacao powder
9) Raw-eos to crush and put inside smoothie

Proportions? Who needs em. Just combine them and mix it in a blender to your taste and it'll be good enough. Above are pictures of the ingredients, me devouring them and then my new 'got-smoothie' ad which has me sporting a green-smoothie 'stache. Hot huh? Notice the other picture where my mom snapped the photo too soon? Thanks mom!

1 comment:

  1. Ha man, you inspired me today. Just happened to read your blog before doing some grocery shopping @ WholeFoods. Ended up getting some kale, medjool dates, and picked up one of them German Chocolate Cake larabars. Contemplating trying one of them real green smoothies in the morning. Also, as a man who enjoys a good Clif Bar like I do, are you as excited as I am for the holiday ones!? Pumpkin Pie? Iced Gingerbread?! . . . .

    ReplyDelete