Saturday, November 28, 2009

Delicious Fruit Salad



I got this recipe from the Cervelo Test Team's [pro cycling team] website where it lists their post-ride meal when they're doing their long 3-week stage races. Obviously, I've doctored it up a bit to no include refined sugars and stuff and I have attached 2 photos for you to see!

It's got everything the athlete needs. Carbs, good fats and some protein (4:1 ratio, carbs to protein). Here's what you'll need [feeds an Alex-size person]:
2 bananas sliced
1 orange, peeled and chopped
1 crisp red delicious apple
a round or two of fresh pineapple
1/2 lemon
some blueberries
raw granola if you got it, otherwise, a coarsely chopped LaraBar would suffice
some agave nectar

Chop fruit in chunks, add to bowl. Squeeze some lemon juice over the fruit salad, then top with raw granola and a generous drizzling of agave nectar. final step is obviously to devour!
As a note, that's the ricera yogurt I'm eating [made from brown rice and obviously, vegan]. Best flavor so far is strawberry.

p.s. I have to mention this or else I get my ass kicked. Went into Victoria's Secret today and smelled the scent "Very Sexy Hot" which smells very sexy - which, is ALSO a very good scent! I can see why women wear this...very good smelling for the record. Sigh...okay, now that my dignity is trashed I'll recover the parts with an electrolyte drink and compression tights. Hotness.

1 comment:

  1. Some agave nectar? I prefer to drink this stuff so by "some" I'll have to modify and use the entire bottle. But thanks for the recipe, it sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete