Sunday, October 31, 2010

Getting back to my [green] roots.

Took some time this past week to generally get fat and eat all the vegan deliciousness I could get my hands on. This would include [but is not limited to!]: Eddie's vegan cookies, LaraBars of every flavour, not so many bananas, Daiya vegan cheese on just about everything....and yeah...vegan pizza and vegan burgers. Put it to ya like this...if there was a vegan equivalent of 'letting oneself go', I LIVED IT. And it was equally as wonderful as it was gluttonous. :-)
Heck, it was so epic EVEN MY OMNIVORE FRIENDS were like "holy crap Alex!". Okay, they didn't say that. If anything they're 'excited' to see me eat large amounts of food - albeit, garden food in their opinion.

Nonetheless, I had to get all of that vegan binge eating outta me because this week is:
a) My last week of off-season slacking.
b) I start slowly transitioning to bike training starting next Monday. And oh won't that be a joyous occassion. I've been DYING to get on la biccicletta...

And so, this week's grocery list looked very different form most. If you knew me, you would anticipate that tough training is about to begin. Let's see what's cooking:
1) Bananas [lots of em. Surprised?]
2) peaches - or 'stone fruit'. they're in season and they're delicious.
3) Steel cut oats Oatmeal. Whatdya think the bananas are for?!
4) Box of 20 mangoes. Now those are in season too and every filipino out there is pumped up!
5) Apples - lots of these too.
6) 6-pack of Bass beer. Outstanding stuff!
7) Thai red rice. Much better than brown rice in my opinion.
8) Soy yogurt
9) vegan filipino adobo with eggplant, bell pepper and seitan. Yum.

And so that's the low-fat diet I'm on to prep for some hard hard training. Let's prey for a smooth landing. Good night Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment