Monday, November 8, 2010

5+ Hours in the Saddle = Whole 'Lotta Chips 'n Salsa!

If you live in the Bay Area and you tried to cycle outside on Sunday you'd find it awfully rainy and miserable. So you're thinking 'well Alex, that sounds right up your alley right?!' Wrong. It was so bad my any-excuse-to-get-out-and-ride played it safe. Now that's pretty eipc no? Thankfully, there was Saturday and what better way to get back into the swing of things then killing myself with 5+ hours in the saddle. Ugh...the final 20 mins I was dying to push 250 watts...yes, it was THAT bad! hahah! But maaaan, that post-ride recovery drink never tasted so good...not to mention the vegan pizza I had that night at Fellinis. Go Me.

Going the last big climb, AKA PineHurst Road [steep steep sections] I was even passed by some triathletes! gasp! They had that 'yea-I-havent-been-in-the-saddle-for-+5-hours' look as they were still smiling and what not. Heh...we'll show em! Embarassing nonetheless, but it's the silly season and training within a prescribed power is okay right? Right? Or maybe I should strap the shoes back on and show em how it's done. :-)

In other wonderful news, the Oakland Raiders beat the KC Cheifs in OT yesterday. Our first 3 game win streak! Amazing right!? Did you know, the last time the Raiders won 3 in a row was in 2002~! I was 18 and a freshmen at Brown! Dios mio! And on that note, my green smoothie calls out to me. tonite's recipe for disaster: Spinach, bananas, blueberries, pears and some raw-nola. Maybe some chips 'n salsa too...ya never know with us silly weegans!

No comments:

Post a Comment