Wednesday, September 8, 2010

V02 Max interval days on the bike..OUCH!

que pasa amigo!? Those are 4 x 4 minute intervals [probably could have done 5], all of which were done at X > 378 watts, topping out @ 392 watts for 4 minutes. All I gotsta say about that is good laaaaaaaaaaawd that boy likes pain!

Heh..it's certainly been a hot minute since I've done V02 intervals on the biccicleta but last nights workout called for such a performance. Violent, painful and extreme agony are the words I use to describe last nights pain session. My legs were screaming and it's really humbling to hear your voice breathing so loudly. If my silly NatChamp Scot friend was here he would probably make some doofy comment about my 'running lungs' but I'll save that for another blog post.

This was a very good night for intervalling and while I had the power to eek out one more rep, I figured 4 was enough for now! I am learning not to sacrifice QUALITY over QUANTITY - not that I ever did. At least, that's what she did NOT say! Ahaha! bam! Haven't heard me say that one in a while huh!

On other recent news, I, like all the employees at VegNews, have discovered the beauty that is Diaya 'weegan' cheese! Most 'alternative' cheese you can buy at WholeFoods actually have some milk in it - again, it pays to be a label-reader-er-er-er-er-er! However, daiya is completely soy free, gluten free and cruelty free! And best of all, it melts and tastes like mozzerella [I probably butchered that spelling, ironic given that I'm part eye-talian]. Point is, daiya is now a staple topping for me in my vegan brown rice pasta [along with loads of raw vegan parma and roma tomatoes].

In less exciting news, I had a salad today at this build-your-own-salad bar known as Mix'd Greens. It's essentially a fancy shmancy salad bar catering mainly to overweight single bankers and brainwashed women that a) can't believe it's not butter and b) are slaves to oprah and ellen. This was the first time for me to try and it it will be close to the last. For $9 I got a salad of mixed butter and romaine lettuce along with: grilled portabello mushrooms, avocado, rosemary potatoes, marinated tofu and grilled zucchini. Dare I say it, I can make a better salad that's cheaper from Whole Foods! Nonetheless, if it gets the aforementioned bankers and the aforementioned oprah-watching-chai-tea-guzzling women away from eating at McDonald's I'm all for it...except the fact that there is a McDonald's across the street from the salad joint. FAIL.

No comments:

Post a Comment