Monday, September 20, 2010

Less than 10 days left!

Holy crap! I'm racing on Sunday! No way? Way!
Crazy right....and so begins triathlon tomfoolery sans the water bottles hanging out the okole!
but before I get into my expectations of the race [which are pretty low to say the least] it's time to finish this series with the 'likes'.

-------------------------------------------------
Things I like about triathlons
-------------------------------------------------
1) Arm muscles - I gotta say, I thought i'd never get biceps or triceps...ask Michael and he would tell you I still dont have em! But yes, dare I say, the peashooter arms are slowly - ever so slowly - becoming arms that resemble something of the humanistic form. That or somebody has been sipping me some animal protein in between my sleep. Hmmm....

2) Riding the TT rig - I love riding the road bike but riding the TT rig everywhere is so damn cool! Especially when it's a) Madeline and b) Di2 shifting [pressing buttons son!] and finally c) it's really not butter! It's buttery smooth to shift gears on the bike by pressing buttons...such a fun thing to do...thank goodness for Shimano, Sony and all the other Japanese electronic companies that give me reason to wake up and invest!

3) Balance - Now this one is crucial. For a long long loooooooooooooooooooooong ass time, I've asked myself the following question: Am I a cyclist in a runners body or a runner in a cyclists body? Well, since becoming a triathlete I can safely say I am a cyclist in a runners body. Let's face it, I gotta thing for when the road tilts up and I'm on my bike. Anything that involves lots of attacking at over 660 watts makes like the fire in my trousers. Then again, running 5 min miles aint too shabby either especially when you can repeat these efforts. That's how you know you're getting somewhere! But now, I get to do two things that give me extreme happiness: running and cycling. And thank the lord for that.

4 comments:

  1. @Balance comment: To answer your questions, you're part monkey, part frog, and part rabbit. Oh wait, skip out on the frog. Although it's gotta big mouth, it's not vegan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahahah, nice one Ms. Tam, nice one. Actually, Mike once said I was trying to be part fish / cyclist / hare. Not so much the fish part...

    Didn't actually know that about frogs! Then again, they constantly have their mouths open and their tongue out...certainly LOOKS like me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this blog and have a special offer for you and your followers. We're almost finished building a new running training social site. We don't want to leave anything out so we need your help and we'll reward participants like you in the 1 question survey with free training.

    Please go to http://www.runningtrainingplans.com and help us help your running!

    Thanks!

    Coach Ken

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find it funny that you call those two twigs hanging at your side, "arms." But, that said, I suppose it's a defense mechanism... after all, I'm sure you're too skinny to be worth the trouble for any sharks. I wish you the triathlon equivalent of "break-a-leg," on your race (although, that sounds more ominous than I intend).

    ReplyDelete